Apsara Foundation established in 2011 believes that every child must get
- Equal opportunity to quality education.
- Be taught new age learning and reading skills necessary to realise their academic potential.
To understand why students from S Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore , Finland, Japan and China came out on top, Apsara Foundation’s research discovered that besides excellent infrastructure, these countries made sure that teachers and students were skilled in practicing the following new age learning tools.
- Mind Mapping: Developed by Tony Buzan is the skill of visualising and organising information for preparing excellent notes. This saves time, boosts understanding and memory manifold.
- Long Term Memory Techniques: The skill of associating information to recall large amounts of facts and figures effortlessly.
- Preparing for exams: The science of practicing different ‘question types’ to score top marks.
- Scheduling: Planning first things first, ensuring time for all around personal development.
- Listening Skills: For improved concentration in class & interpersonal relationships.
- Speed Reading: Skill to read 400+ words per minute with 80 % comprehension. Saves 50 % time.
- Whole Brain Learning: Learning to use both left and right sides of the brain increases ‘intelligence’ exponentially.
Consequently, Apsara Foundation decided to developed content for teaching these learning tools for teachers and students.